PATIENTS ARE ONLY ELIGIBLE FOR HOME VISITS IF THEY ARE HOUSEBOUND
A housebound patient is one who…..
has a physical or psychological condition with documented evidence which states that it would be detrimental to the patient’s condition or recovery to travel OR
- who requires assistance from more than one person to get in and of a vehicle OR
- who needs medical/clinical support during the journey OR
- who is wheelchair bound and has no Carer available to assist them
- who is bedbound
× Does not meet criteria
- If you can get to your GP/ Hospital or Community Clinics
- If family members or carers take you out or you visit them
- If you drive or use taxi services
- If you are able to get in a vehicle independently or use public transport services eg bus, train
An individual will not be eligible for a home visit if they are able to leave their home on their own or with minimal assistance to visit public or social/recreational services or can go shopping or go to the hairdressers etc, etc.